Thursday, May 17, 2007

It's good to be back

Ahhh... not to say I didn't enjoy my free time during my business trip (I really, really did :) but after 2 weeks of not being at home, I'm glad to be back ^^ So, just like every other trip return - my apartment is in a mess (bummer), the fridge is empty (damn), and I'm behind in my studies again (#^&*%#$)

I didn't bring my new camera on my trip this time - in fact most of the time I just used my cellphone (which has a crappy 1.3 megapixel camera) to take shots I found interesting. Surprisingly, the pictures turned out better than I expected. So here are some interesting shots, in chronological order:
"GyroDrop" at Lotte World Seoul, Korea - this still holds the record on the second most scary ride I've been on (the first one being a ride at San Antonio's Six Flags). I didn't go on the ride this time, but when I was in Seoul last year I went on it - twice - because someone said she accidentally closed her eyes on the first time ;)

Here's the experience in a nutshell - it's a vertical drop from about 30 stories high. So basically you start from the ground, the ride slowly elevates you in a revolving manner ,which is when you get flooded with the screams of terror (or is it joy? hmm) from all the nearby Korean girls all the way to the top of the ride, then you wait at the top for a couple of minutes. Then without warning, the ride drops you 30 stories to almost ground level. Interestingly, the entire ride is silent almost throughout the drop. Fun, fun experience :D



Another thing I always enjoy about Korea is the food - oh man, it's a pity I didn't take a pic of the "spicy beef soup" I had with some customers and colleagues. I rarely sweat during meals, but almost evey meal I had in Korea was a cardio workout.
Boredom pic at the airport...













This is the Raffles Hotel at Singapore - a $6000 SGD (approx. 4000 USD) per night hotel - the most expensive hotel in Singapore. Disclaimer: No, I did NOT stay at this hotel.










Cosafe Maid Cafe in Singapore - a little piece of Akihabara in the heart of Singapore. Akihabara in Tokyo has quite a few of these "maid cafes" where the waitresses dress up in cute french maid costumes (guys, y'all can stop drooling on your keyboards now, thx). A friend of mine which I hadn't seen for quite some time took me out for supper at this place in Singapore which was quite a good replica of such a maid cafe. The waitress was even kind enough to oblige me with a photo of her in front of the cafe! :) Needless to say she got a big tip (I thought it was a big tip, anyway)



Chili-sauteed crab from "Jumbo Seafood" at the east side of Singapore... The picture doesn't show it that well, but the crab was HUGE - just lifting one of its pinchers was like lifting a turkey drumstick. It was pretty spicy, but extremely good too. I must have gained 3 pounds from that meal, which isn't really a bad thing for me actually :D






No comments: