Saturday, May 5, 2007

Babel

Wow, I had such high hopes for this movie... a movie based on multiple interwined storylines, each story taking place in a different part of the world. I was expecting a rich, suspenseful story with twists and turns at every corner.

I'm sorry, despite all the rave reviews the movie has received, I can't give it more than a big *yawn*. At one point (okay, many points) I was kind of hoping the movie would hurry up and just end.

The whole story revolves around an american that gets shot during a bus ride in Morocco. The other stories are all related to the first one - trust me, when you get to see how they're related, your reaction will be "DUHHH". I've seen better storyline interweaving in an average episode of Seinfield.

Overall a very disappointing movie, and a total waste of 2.5 hours (seemed more like 5 hours to me) of my time. I'm so glad that a few months ago my friends had decided to go watch Pan's Labyrinth at the theater instead of Babel.

The score? Hmmmm.....3.5/10 (maybe a notch above the skull-on-fire skeleton, but not by much)

1 comment:

SH said...

It's certainly a depressing movie, and although I wouldn't say it's 3.5/10 but probably not better than 5/10.

By the way, hehe, I don't quite like Pan's Labyrinth either -- not enough fantasy moments :(